Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Today Was A Good Day


Ice Cube said it best- Today was a good day.

Today Danielle and I found out that we're having another boy. I couldn't be more excited. Not that I would have disappointed if we had learned we were having a girl, obviously we just want a healthy baby, but the thought of having another boy to be a buddy to Ridge just puts a big goofy smile on my face. Plus, as an added bonus, I still don't have to pay for a wedding twenty years form. Cha-Ching! But it does mean a second hunting rifle in about ten years. I'll take that over paying for a wedding reception any day.

All in all, today was one of those days where I could feel God's love all around me. Today was perfect example of how Life is indeed good and that God truly wants us to be happy. Forget the economy, the stock market, bills, mortgages, and the depressing fact that the start of bow season is still over six months away -forget all of that. Today was a day where I simply sat back and enjoyed the simple things in life.

Two boys. Gosh, it seems just like yesterday I was a kid myself. It's a dang short movie, how did I get here so fast?

Another son. Another deer rifle. Another life-time hunting license. Another pair of Danner boots. Another bunk in elk camp.

Life is good.

No comments: