Sunday, April 12, 2009

153 Days


153 Days: 23 hours:58 minutes :54 seconds.

That's the exact time remaining until the opening of Archery Season here in Georgia. While the rest of the Bryson Family napped on this glorious Easter Sunday, Daddy got out the bow and started practicing in the backyard. Above is a picture of my first shots of the year. I was shooting from 20 yards away from my deck. I definitely need more practice- my grouping is no where near as tight as I'd like it to be. I'm not going to have a repeat of last season and lose another buck due to mediocre accuracy. I learned the hard way last year, that bow hunting is a game of millimeters.

I've decided to hunker down and get serious about my archery skills, so that by time autumn rolls around I'll be able to drive nails with my Fred Bear. John Rambo ain't gonna have nothing on Yours Truly- I'll going to be able to pick off AK-47 toting, Viet-Cong commies in the middle of rice paddies at 80 yards by time I'm finished. Not that I'll be hunting VC Charlie any time soon, but if the occasion should present itself, I'll be ready. In any event, I should be able to put down a whitetail on any given day if I can in some serious practice time.

September can't get here soon enough.

No comments: