Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Partying On Franklin Street





"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking; we've just touched down at our destination. Thank you for flying Tarheel Airlines."

Coach Williams and the Heels are cutting down the nets in Detroit tonight. YEAH BABY! What a fantastic game! We defeated the Spartans of Michigan State, 82 to 69 in what was pretty much a blow-out from the opening tip. All of our starters scored in the double digits and Wayne Ellington was named the game's MVP.

It's been one heck of a season and in the end the Heels got 'er done. They brought the National Championship Trophy home to Chapel Hill, where it belongs, and will now hang yet another banner from the rafters of the Dean Dome. Congratulations Tyler, Ty, Wayne, Danny, Bobby and the rest of the boys in blue. Thanks for the ride.

Now that my nerves are completely shot and my blood pressure is coming down to normal levels, maybe I can finally relax. Though I doubt I'll sleep much tonight. Too excited.

And now, dear readers, back to our regularly scheduled program: I think it's time to start practicing for bow season.

No comments: