Monday, February 16, 2009

Awesome-ness


Last week I made a road trip, along with two of my fellow co-workers, up to Pinehurst, North Carolina, for a two-day photo-shoot for of our golf clients. On the way up, we made a quick pit-stop at a small Mom 'n' Pop gas station in the rural metropolis of Locust, NC. I had just paid for my Sun Drop and Zero Bar and was heading out the door when a crude, poorly designed kiosk caught my eye. Upon closer inspection, I discovered a product of sheer genius.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Deer Caulk.

That's right, its a deer attractant contained within an everyday, ordinary caulk canister. Without even batting an eye, I quickly pulled out my wallet and plunked down the necessary cash to purchase one. The best seven bucks I've ever spent.

The ingredients on the tube, states that the actual caulk is a mixture of corn, molasses and peanut butter. So even if the deer don't like it, I figure it will taste pretty good on a Ritz cracker. Of course, one may ask, how do you use Deer Caulk? Fortunately for the consumer, the Deer Caulk point of purchase kiosk featured full color photographs of a curvy young blond in a pair of Daisy Dukes demonstrating a detailed step-by-step process.

Step 1: Locate a good hunting spot
Step 2: Place Deer Caulk tube into caulk gun
Step 3: Squirt Deer Caulk on a tree, stump or ground a few days prior to hunting
Step 4: Replenish Deer Caulk the day before or day of hunt

It is absolutely brilliant in it's simplicity. Definitely better that toting fifty pound bags of shell corn on your back through the woods, especially if you're stopped by the local DNR. Just peel the camo layers off the tube and the game warden will never be any more the wiser.

"Why no sir, I'm not illegally baiting deer."

"What's that you say? Why do I have thirty tubes of silicone caulk in my pack? Well, you never know when you may run across a ceramic vanity counter-top in the middle of the woods, in need of a good caulking."

Any way you can stick it to the man, I'm all for it.

I can't wait to try this stuff out this upcoming deer season. Even if it doesn't bring in one single doe, I salute the inventive spirit of it's creators. Why do I get the feeling that the guys who came up with this are in the construction business?

For more information, checkout www.deercaulk.com.

No comments: