Monday, February 16, 2009

The Next Jim Zumbo?


As an avid elk hunter and outdoorsman, nothing makes me happier to see Ridge following in his Daddy's footsteps. He loves to make animal sounds, especially elk, deer, and coyote. I have to admit, his elk call is pretty darn good. I'd even go as far to say it's fairly accurate to one of those expensive Primos game calls that you order out of the Cabela's catalogue.

He's also got a fairly impressive collection of plastic big game animals, that he loves to place on his toy train track and run over with toy trains and Hot Wheels cars. With that much road side carnage, I'm assuming Ridge is simulating the rut.

But the best example that I may have the next Jim Zumbo on my hands is Ridge's page choice in his coloring book. We bought him a wild game coloring book at Bass Pro, back before Christmas. The book is chock full of animals ranging from big-horn sheep to grizzly bears. But the only page he wants to color is the one featuring a bull elk. I think he's going to be an elkaholic like his Daddy and his Pappa. It's a disease that apparently runs in our family.

No comments: